Metropolitan Police Range, Lalitpur is situated at Jawalakhel, Lalitpur Metropolitan City. The area of responsibility of this police range spreads from 27º220 - 28º500 in Northern hemisphere and 85º140 - 85º260 in Eastern hemisphere. It is located about 5 kilometers south-east of Kathmandu. With its urban history dating back to as far as 2300 years, Lalitpur Metropolitan City is one of the three major cities located inside the Kathmandu valley, besides Kathmandu and Bhaktapur. Rich historic past, centuries old living culture of the people, thriving city development are what this historic city today boasts of. Of the fifty-eight municipalities of Nepal, Lalitpur is the third largest city. Lalitpur is extremely rich in its arts and architecture and boasts on the largest community of artisans, especially metal and wood workers. In fact, the literary meaning of Lalitpur means the city of fine arts. It nurtures a large number of sacred buildings, temples, pagodas, Stupas and Shikharas, monasteries, math and Chaitya.
Law enforcement, crime control and investigation of crimes for peace and security and be engaged in the noble service of all people with full protection of human rights.
Employment of human and physical appliances for prevention and investigation of crime to make Kathmandu the safest city in the world.
- Respect human rights.
- Discipline and novelty
- Effective and qualitative service
- Accountable and productive
Manpower in Metropolitan Police Range, Lalitpur
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan for crime prevention and investigation.
- Deploy police personnel for search and rescue of people during situation of natural disaster.
- Monitor and direct police units under the command.
- Supervise the activities of police personnel and initiate actions over the police staff who act against the rules and regulations of Nepal Police.
- Encourage best performing police personnel with rewards.
- Handle grievances and motivate police personnel.
- Co-ordinate with other government offices and private agencies.
- Co-ordinate with political parties and organizations within the area of responsibility.
- Provide security during V/VIP movements.
- Maintain record of crime and criminal activities in the area of responsibility.
- Maintain record of foreigners staying in the area of responsibility.
- Work under the command of Metropolitan Police Commissioner's Office and perform other tasks as required.
- Establish Metropolitan Police Sector at Santaneshwor, Chapagaun.
- Establish police beats in Chapagaun bus park, Thecho, Thadodhunga, Sankhamul, Kalopool, Chyasal, Kusunti, Kupandol, Thaiba, Manbhawan, Khokana, Chobhar, Nakkhu.
- Initiate process to convert Metropolitan Police Sector of Satdobato and Bungamati to police circle.
- Upgrade Metropolitan Police Sector of Badegaun and Pulchowk to grade “A” ("Ka“).
- Upgrade Metropolitan Police Sector of Patandhoka, Balkhu and Balkumari to grade “B” ("Kha“).
- Establish new police beats at Sanagaun, Lamatar and Kaleshwor.