Metropolitan Crime Division has been established after the initiation of Metropolitan Police concept on 2063/08/01. Initially the Division was performing its operation with total manpower of 123 police personnel working under the command of Superintendent of Police. Now, the Division is serving with total of 138 police personnel under the command of Senior Superintendent of Police. The division has been working to prevent and investigate crimes since its establishment thereby fighting against the crime, reducing the risk and fear of crime in Kathmandu valley.
|MPO Crime Division, Hanumandhoka, Kathmandu||Organization Structure of MPO, Crime Division|
To achieve our aim of making Kathmandu the safest major city in the world. We work to prevent and investigate crime thereby fighting against the crime, reducing the risk and fear of crime in Kathmandu valley.
* Work within the Constitution of Nepal.
* Respect and impart co-operation.
* Act with un-biasness.
* Loyal to the organization without any compromise and personal benefit.
* Accountable to the decision and operations undertaken.
* Integrity and Professionalism.
Manpower of MPO Crime Division
Crime Situation Of Valley
The rate of heinous crime has decreased in the fiscal year 069/070 by 0.55% where as it has increased in the fiscal year 070/071 by 8.98% in comparison to the fiscal year 069/070.
The number of property crime in the fiscal year 069/070 were numbered at 306 and that in the fiscal year 070/071 the number was increased to 370 which shows the increase in the crime rate at 20.91%.
Property Crime and its investigating sector
The number of property crime recorded in the fiscal year 2069/2070 was 5181 and that in the fiscal years 2070/071 and 2071/072 till shrawan numbered to 6819 and 526 respectively.
- Monitor underlying sections, sub-sections and units.
- Investigate complex special crimes.
- Make effective and efficient investigation in the Kathmandu valley.
- Report the Metropolitan Police Commissioner regarding the progress of operations undertaken by the division and underlying sections and sub-sections.
- Co-ordinate with Police Headquarter and other government departments regarding crime investigation and prevention.
- Suggest to fight out problems encountered in crime investigation and prevention.
- Maintain and update record of civilians of Kathmandu valley.
- Stay alert to fight out possible crimes in Kathmandu valley.